Thursday, April 15, 2010

Join the Team

On Saturday, May 8, 2010, we will be walking in the Revlon Run/Walk to raise awareness for women's cancers.

Right around the time this journey began for me, I was truly touched when a friend asked if she could have a picture of me for her Run/Walk bib. She explained to me why she was walking and that her bib was to honor those women in her life who were battling cancer. A week after she finished her walk I recieved a note from her in the mail along with her medal that was given to her when she crossed the finish line. I have had this medal hanging up over my desk since receiving it.

I am so honored to  be able to participate in this walk as a survivor this year. I am also honored that I will be walking with a group of people on the Wings of Courage team.

https://www.revlonrunwalk.com/la/secure/teamwebpage.cfm?pid=51080

Ancora Imparo
Marla

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Even though you have wings of courage, keep your feet on the ground during this walk.

Looks like your team is doing well in the donations department. That's because of the power of your story and the goodness of your heart.

March on! We love you.

Marilyn, Fred and Betty