Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A Good Cause...

Hi Folks,

I know you must be thinking two blogs in one day... but there is a good reason for the new post. I got this email from my friend Lisa S. and asked her if I could add it to the blog. I totally support her efforts. If you have every wondered about doing a longer walk I say GO FOR IT! My sister Jen and I did the 2-day walk three years ago. The entire experience was amazing for both of us. If walking is not your thing and you want to support the cause in another way please click on the link below to show a little support.


Hi all,

Hope this email finds you all well. This November, I have decided to take on the challenge of walking 60 miles over the course of three days, to support the Breast Cancer 3 Day walk which benefits Susan G. Komen for the Cure and the National Philanthropic Trust Breast Cancer Fund. I will be walking on November 21-23rd, 2008, along with thousands of other men and women taking this journey with me.

I do not think I know of one person who has not been impacted by cancer. Just the other day I was watching a young girl dancing in a dance recital, and for the first time in her 11 years of life, her mother was not there to watch her as her mother died from cancer. Last year, we lost a family friend to cancer and this year, we have another friend recently diagnosed with breast cancer (This courageous woman already has lost her mother and step-mother to breast cancer). One of my most significant clients I have worked with was working with a mom who lost her 9 year old daughter to cancer. These examples are unfortunately only a few of the stories we all know and share.

I am so grateful to have the ability to walk...to use my legs. Life is a valuable gift ! Let's help others get the lifetime they deserve. Every advancement in breast cancer research, treatment, education and prevention in the last 25 years has been touched by a Komen for the Cure grant. They are working hard to build a future without breast cancer.

For those of you who know me well, I don't love exercising. Yet, I want to appreciate the fact that I can exercise and walk ! You can help me in my efforts by donating to this signficant and worthwhile cause. Whatever amount you can contribute would be greatly appreciated !! Donate it all now or spread it out ! I will feel your support as I am training and walking !!

Thank you for your support,

Lisa S.

Click here to visit my personal page.
If the text above does not appear as a clickable link, you can visit the web address:
http://08.the3day.org/site/TR/Walk/SanDiegoEvent?px=2208123&pg=personal&fr_id=1187&et=7jdMZfoVDyohFtMiCKORWg..&s_tafId=71434


For more information about the Breast Cancer 3-Day, Susan G. Komen for the Cure or the National Philanthropic Trust Breast Cancer Fund, visit http://www.the3day.org/ or call 800.996.3DAY

Thanks for checking the blog and for supporting the cause.

Ancora Imparo
Marla

No comments: