Friday, June 20, 2008

Hitting the Couch...

Today started off pretty rough.
I just didn't feel well.
While I continue to feel extremely grateful that I only have 2 Chemo's left I gotta tell you I just felt wonky for most of the day. Which can best be defined as queasy, achy, tired, emotional, out of sorts and just generally unpleasant. I am not having a pity party over here. I just felt blah.

I spent most of the day on the couch.
While it is a lovely couch I was hoping to part company with it so we can take a walk around the block but it is currently 8:00P and 91 degrees.

I am happy to say that I feel like the fog is beginning to lift and am hopeful that by Sunday I will feel a lot more like myself.

Sully and I had a little relaxing time together.
He continues to be handling all of this well.
We are keeping our conversations open with him and keeping our senses of humor.



I went to my support group yesterday we all had some similar issues to share. It's helpful to hear other peoples perspective about the challenges they are facing. I walked away feeling so blessed to have the support that I have -- to be dealing with breast cancer and know that I am not alone. To know that so many are continuing to send their thoughts and prayers not only for me but for Mike and Sully as well.

Ancora Imparo
Marla

1 comment:

Aaron said...

Marla,

Please do not think, not even for one nano second, that the term “pity party” would ever enter the mind of any of us reading your blog. You have endured so much over the past few months, and you have done so with dignity, class, humor, bravery, and chutzpah the likes of which I have are rarely ever seen. We all have good days and bad days, and given what you have been going through of late, you have more right to vent about a bad day then probably all of us reading this blog combined. Besides, given the fact the daytime highs in the Valley are now approaching the core temperature of the Center of the Earth, even those of us in otherwise acceptable health have been spending more than our fair share of time on the couch this week!

I hope by Sunday that your spirits are up, and the temperature is down. :-)

Take care, keep up the fight, and know that you, Mike, and Sully are always in our thoughts and prayers.

Aaron