Monday, June 15, 2009

Cancer Survivor...

Saturday, I attended the 2nd Annual PSJMC Cancer Survivor Day. One year ago I was a guest at this event. A newbie to the world of cancer diagnosis and treatment. A year later I am veteran. I have weathered the chemo storm. Seen my hair go and now come back. Thankfully I have recovered from four surgeries and even though there have been a few bumps along the road my attitude and appreciation for those that treat, counsel and care for those undergoing a cancer diagnosis continues to grow. I have encountered many of these angels in the last year. And they truly are heroes among us. I am forever touched and grateful to be able to have the team that I have.

At the event I and my new friend L were given the honor of being representatives at the weSpark table. Asking event attendees if they have heard of weSpark and if not making sure they left the booth with information on how they can get involved and have their own special place at that amazing haven that was instrumental in my healing and recovery.

An additional honor was having my Wings of Courage necklace as a raffle item for the Providence St. Joseph Breast Center booth. Sully picked the lucky winners ticket and I was given the chance to put the necklace on her. Her Dad, brother and cancer-survivor Mom posed for pictures and made for a truly memorable moment.

I am truly touched that I was given this opportunity. It was a very touching day and one that I will truly remember.

Ancora Imparo

Marla




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a difference a year makes...

Onward and upward!

Marilyn, Fred and Betty