Sunday, August 31, 2008

Blessings Around Us...


Mike, Sully and I had the pleasure of going to our dear friend S's new office -- where it was blessed and several Mezuzahs were hung by our local Chabad Rabbi.

It was an honor for us to be there for this special occasion. I truly enjoyed hearing the Rabbi speak.

The basic idea of what he shared from the Torah portion this week is that blessings are continually around us if we allow ourselves to be open to them.

Mike and I have continued to see the many blessings in our lives during the last several months. We continue to be thankful and grateful for so much.

The Rabbi's message certainly wasn't new but it was a validation of how we feel and how we choose to lead our lives.

Ancora Imparo
Marla

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing that lovely message. There is much to be grateful for in this amazing world...most of all, "for the wonders and gifts that accompany us evening, morning and noon." The commonplace events are usually forgotten.

We love you.

Marilyn, Fred and Betty

joyce said...

Reading all your blogs and smiling from ear to ear, I find myself, trying to slow down a bit and spend more time smelling the roses, kissing my kids and husband and embracing my gratitude for all there is in life. THANKS FOR THE REMINDERS!!!! Thinking of you each day with love....I am back in my classroom, teaching full time, now living with 4 daughters (one is an exchange student from Israel) and remembering to breath..and smile. You continue to inspire me, my dear friend!!

Hugs
Joyce