Friday, August 22, 2008

A Little Bit of Tired...


Hi Folks,

Thought I would share that I have been having a little bit of tiredness since I last blogged.
Okay -- a lot of tiredness.

Wednesday I felt like a walking Zombie.
Thankfully, yesterday I did not. However today... I am a little tuckered out but gratefully I do not feel as much fatigue as I did the other day. Not sure if it is due to the Tamoxifen or due to the Chemo assault of the last few months. Or possibly a combination of the two. Just to be safe I went to see my ONC yesterday and had my levels checked. I am slightly anemic which may have something to do with the fatigue. Not enough to be put back on Iron or to worry about. He will keep an eye on this and remember he was my Hematologist long before be was my Oncologist. All other levels including my tumor markers are good.

I also learned that the pie extravaganza in Julian added on 3 pounds! Oy!




My ONC stressed that it will take at least 3 months to get my energy back from the Chemo. So I will continue to listen to my body and rest and SLOW DOWN when I need to.

Have a great weekend.

Ancora Imparo
Marla

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Part of your tiredness is the result of your wonderful weekend in Julian...and resting when you feel the need is just the ticket. As a group, all women need to work harder to heed their bodies' messages...trying to be be Superwoman is only good in the comics!

Be patient with yourself. You are making grand progess.

With love

Marilyn, Fred and Betty

joyce said...

Your body has endured more than most could imagine. It is speaking to you now and asking for what it needs the most...rest. Listen to it and allow yourself the time to continue your healing. You have come SOOO far, Marla dear!!! Our love and support is right there with you...on that couch or any other place that brings you comfort!!

hugs
Joyce

Aaron said...

Hi Marla,

This is a prime example of why I'm dubious of the word 'normal'. As in PATIENT: "I'm so tired that I feel like a character in a George Romero movie!" DOCTOR: "Oh, don't worry, that's perfectly normal."

Yeah, thanks Doc, easy for you to say...your not the trying to avoid walking into walls. :)

The good news, of course, is that little by little your strength will return. Enjoy the small victories (and naps) along the way.

Hope you are having great weekend.

Aaron